[ grinder-Feature Requests-3572844 ] SSL and allow all host names

[ grinder-Feature Requests-3572844 ] SSL and allow all host names

SourceForge.net
Feature Requests item #3572844, was opened at 2012-09-28 11:36
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by gboersma
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=368598&aid=3572844&group_id=18598

not just the latest update.
Category: Core engine
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I have a test that uses the HTTP plugin and SSL.

The certificate for the server has subject alternative names specified. I am connecting to the server using one of the subject alternative names. When Grinder connects, Java throws a SSLException that the host name does not match the name in the certificate. It appears that although Grinder is using the InsecureSSLContextFactory, it still uses the default hostname verifier.

Is it possible to tell Grinder to use the ALLOW_ALL_HOSTNAME_VERIFIER option (as described here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8839541/hostname-in-certificate-didnt-match)?

My workaround is to temporarily reconfigure my test environment to use the primary name in the certificate, but I would like to avoid this if possible.