Request for Instruction on IP Spoofing in Grinder

Request for Instruction on IP Spoofing in Grinder

Jagadish Anandhan
Hi Philip

The application that I am performance testing cannot process request coming from same IP addresses. Somehow the application identifies the request coming from the IP addresses and does not process two request from the same IP.

I am unable to proceed further..

In the forum I read about IP-Spoofing-tt9262506.html , but I could not follow the instructions

I request you to kindly provide me a detailed instruction and the script on how to achieve this scenario of simulating the request from different virtual IP addresses.

Please help me on this.

Jagadish

Re: Request for Instruction on IP Spoofing in Grinder

AnuragM
Hi Jagadish,

Can you please help us in understanding with few more details. Moreover no one would have detailed instructions or scripts for such specific scenario except the ones who have tried/encountered it.

What is the OS you are working on?
How are you making requests w.r.t grinder (Code snippet)??
Have you checked this link http://grinder.996249.n3.nabble.com/IP-Spoofing-td2352.html which has some hint

Thanks
Anurag

On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 at 14:47 Jagadish Anandhan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Philip

The application that I am performance testing cannot process request coming from same IP addresses. Somehow the application identifies the request coming from the IP addresses and does not process two request from the same IP.

I am unable to proceed further..

In the forum I read about IP-Spoofing-tt9262506.html , but I could not follow the instructions

I request you to kindly provide me a detailed instruction and the script on how to achieve this scenario of simulating the request from different virtual IP addresses.

Please help me on this.

Jagadish

Re: Request for Instruction on IP Spoofing in Grinder

Jagadish Anandhan
Hi Anurag,

Thanks for responding..

- My load injector machine is Windows 2013 R2 Datacenter.

The application to be perf tested has one session ID which I have already parameterized. It works perfectly fine doing the necessary actions when ran for one user, however, when I run the same script (from the same Grinder machine) for 2 users, one user succeeds and other user fails. The reason is that on the application side, it caches the IP address of the machine where this request is originated (in this case it's my load injector machine) and allows request to pass thru for one request and fails the second..

I read the link you shared -  http://grinder.996249.n3.nabble.com/IP-Spoofing-td2352.html but i would need some more details of how this IP spoofing is achieved.

I read the posting from Travis -
You have to create all the IP addresses you want to bind to on the local machine, so that there will in fact be real IP addresses forHTTPPluginConnection.setLocalAddress() to bind to.  In our lab, we usually have between 10,000 and 40,000 IP addresses assigned to the NIC of the agent machine, and it works great.

I have verified that both Windows XP and Linux will allow you to assign arbitrarily large numbers of AP addresses to a single NIC.  I have attached the shell script we use to add the addresses.  If you need to do this on windows, you're on your own for porting this script to batch, python, or whatever.

Actually, if you do a Python port of upip.sh, that would be pretty cool, I'd love to see that.

-Travis

On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 1:09 PM, AnuragM <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

-A J -
Apt No - 508-925-4521
Mobile - 508-981-0870