Re: Integrated a real-time TPS Graph Into GraphsTab

Re: Integrated a real-time TPS Graph Into GraphsTab

wangharrod

Hi, Philip

I had submitted a merge request for adding a long period graph.

The changes are as follows:

Added 2 files to collect statistics data and process them.

/grinder-core/src/main/java/net/grinder/statistics/LongStatisticsDataProcessing.java

/grinder-core/src/test/java/net/grinder/statistics/TestLongStatisticsDataProcessing.java

Added 3 files to draw long period tps graph.

/grinder-swing-console/src/main/java/net/grinder/console/swingui/LongGraph.java

/grinder-swing-console/src/main/java/net/grinder/console/swingui/LongLabelledGraph.java

/grinder-swing-console/src/test/java/net/grinder/console/swingui/TestLongGraph.java

Changed 1 file to add the graph to graph tab.

/grinder-swing-console/src/main/java/net/grinder/console/swingui/TestGraphPanel.java

- Wang Hao

2014-2-25

From:  "Philip Aston";<[hidden email]>;
Date:  Mon, Dec 16, 2013 02:49 PM
To:  "wangharrod"<[hidden email]>; "Developers Grinder"<[hidden email]>;
Subject:  Re: [Grinder-development] Integrated a real-time TPS Graph Into GraphsTab

Wang Hao,

It looks good to me, and I'd encourage you to continue. FWIW, I'm working (when real life allows) on a new HTML 5 web console. It might be better in the long run to extend that.

TranslationsSource is clojure - see grinder-translation/src/net/grinder/translation/impl/translations_source.clj.

- Phil

On 15/12/13 16:56, wangharrod wrote:
Hi,

When I used grinder to do some long periods perfermance tests, I always wanted to get a real-time tps graph. I know that some utilities like Grinder To Graphite(g2g) or Grinder Analyzer can generate some useful graphs, but if I use them, I need do some extra work to run these tools and get results.

I hope there is a integrated graph in Grinder Graphs Tab, like Loadrunner or JMeter does, so I did it by referring to net.grinder.console.swingui.Graph without importing others third graph library.

Example:

The question is I don't know  whether others used grinder like I did and need a integrated graph in Grinder Graphs Tab. Could someone gives me some advice? If it is considered to be worth doing. I will prepare my codes according to Grinder's "How to give back's Coding Standards"(do more unit test and style checking) and request for merging.

PS: When I forked the latest codes of grinder 3.12 and builded it, I can not find net.grinder.translation.impl.TranslationsSource source code, Had it commit or I made some mistakes?

Best Regards,
Wang Hao
2013-12-16

Re: Integrated a real-time TPS Graph Into GraphsTab

Philip Aston-2
Hi Wang,

Thanks for your contribution. Can you update it to pass the checkstyle rules please?

You can run checkstyle using mvn checkstyle:checkstyle. The output will appear in target/site/checkstyle.html of the appropriate project.

Thanks,

- Phil

On 24/02/14 17:56, wangharrod wrote:

[...]

I had updated codes to pass the checkstyle rules.

Though I failed to check style (Error Info as below) by using mvn checkstyle:checkstyle, I do checkstyle by manual method in Eclipse.

when I do mvn checkstyle:checkstyle, It was happened:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project grinder-core: Could not resolve dependencies for project net.sf.grinder:grinde

r-core:jar:3.12-SNAPSHOT: The following artifacts could not be resolved: net.sf.grinder:grinder-translation:jar:3.12-SNA

PSHOT, net.sf.grinder:grinder-dcr-agent:jar:3.12-SNAPSHOT: Could not find artifact net.sf.grinder:grinder-translation:ja

r:3.12-SNAPSHOT in sonatype-nexus-snapshots (https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots) -> [Help 1]

- Wang Hao

2014-2-26

On 25/02/14 17:52, wangharrod wrote:
when I do mvn checkstyle:checkstyle, It was happened:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project grinder-core: Could not resolve dependencies for project net.sf.grinder:grinde

r-core:jar:3.12-SNAPSHOT: The following artifacts could not be resolved: net.sf.grinder:grinder-translation:jar:3.12-SNA

PSHOT, net.sf.grinder:grinder-dcr-agent:jar:3.12-SNAPSHOT: Could not find artifact net.sf.grinder:grinder-translation:ja

r:3.12-SNAPSHOT in sonatype-nexus-snapshots (https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots) -> [Help 1]

Maven is complaining because it can't resolve the dependencies. This is because the grinder-translation module is not available from the central repository (it hasn't been released yet).

If you install the modules first (mvn install) before running mvn checkstyle:checkstyle, all should be well.

-Phil