Quantcast

Query regarding websocket support

Mayank Arora
Hi All

I have been using TCP proxy for a while in my project and our project is moving towards web sockets.

I couldn't find a way in TCP proxy to handle websockets and those connections get dropped.

Is there a plan to add a websocket support ?

Regards
Mayank Arora

Re: Query regarding websocket support

Gary Mulder-3

At a guess no.

Traditional load test tools such as The Grinder, (and JMeter etc) are not designed for Web Sockets, and in my experience attempts on trying to bend them into supporting Web Sockets have been unsuccessful.

You might want to consider a Cloud based tool that uses full-fat clients to get the Java script client support usually needed to subscribe to multiple concurrent Web Sockets.

Regards,
Gary