Quantcast

Performance Test of JAVA RMI

Priyanka Tiwari
Hi ,

I am currently testing aJAVA RMI application which is basically a product by external company. Due to this I can not access the code of the application both for client and server side. We just have the client side .BAT file which helps in invoking the application front end.

Could you please suggest if Grinder can help such situation. Is recording of such application possible.

Thanks

Re: Performance Test of JAVA RMI

Gary Mulder-3
Hi Priyanka,

There is reference in the Grinder docs:

The Grinder can be used to test RPC and MOM based systems using protocols such as IIOP, RMI/IIOP, RMI/JRMP, and JMS.

What RMI protocol does your application use?

You can probably use Wireshark to reverse engineer the protocol the client is using to find out. You would likely have to hand code simulated RMI calls in Grinder, as I believe the Grinder Recorder only supports HTTP-based protocols.

Regards,
Gary

On 16 February 2017 at 15:41, Priyanka Tiwari <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi ,

I am currently testing aJAVA RMI application which is basically a product by external company. Due to this I can not access the code of the application both for client and server side. We just have the client side .BAT file which helps in invoking the application front end.

Could you please suggest if Grinder can help such situation. Is recording of such application possible.

Thanks

Re: Performance Test of JAVA RMI

Adil qureshi

Hi
For doing performance testing you dont need access to the code .
You should just record the script and start loading.
Another important thing is that you should ask how much load the vendor application can take.
Then you should see whats the throughput expected by your Front end and test in that vicinity.

On 16 Feb 2017 9:17 PM, "Priyanka Tiwari" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi ,

I am currently testing aJAVA RMI application which is basically a product by external company. Due to this I can not access the code of the application both for client and server side. We just have the client side .BAT file which helps in invoking the application front end.

Could you please suggest if Grinder can help such situation. Is recording of such application possible.

Thanks

Re: Performance Test of JAVA RMI

Joel Lucuik
Hi Priyanka,

You can't record RMI calls in the grinder. Suggest you write all the java calls via jython scripts.

Ask the developer of the client app to provide those info about how to instrument else The grinder can't help.

Hope that helps,

Joel

On Feb 16, 2017 1:20 PM, "Gary Mulder" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Client application consists of ".bat" file which helps in launching the User console.
Along with BAT file , there is clientboot.jar file present. We do not have any more information with us and can not get more than that.

Could you please suggest something with these constrains if Grinder can help.

Thanks