Quantcast

Parallel.py limitation

luisrcastillo
Hello,

I have encountered a limitation using the parallel.py. Basically, I noticed that there's a limit of 25 scripts that can be executed. Anything over 25 scripts crashes the run.

Is there a way that I can perform a work-around where I could execute more than 25 scripts in parallel? I have somewhat of a large number of scripts and need to execute in parallel.

Thanks!

Re: Parallel.py limitation

Gary Mulder-3
On 19 August 2014 19:51, luisrcastillo <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I have encountered a limitation using the parallel.py. Basically, I noticed
that there's a limit of 25 scripts that can be executed. Anything over 25
scripts crashes the run.

Is there a way that I can perform a work-around where I could execute more
than 25 scripts in parallel? I have somewhat of a large number of scripts
and need to execute in parallel.

Hi Luis,

I suspect the limit is based on your environment and not the number of scripts, as it is just forking threads and running scripts within them. Perhaps you need to increase the default JVM memory settings?

The following doc might provide some guidelines:

Regards,
Gary

Re: Parallel.py limitation

luisrcastillo
Thanks for the suggestion. I found my issue.

One of the scripts had an issue. Oddly enough, it was the 26th file that had problems. It looks like it's working now. Thanks!