Integrated a real-time TPS Graph Into Graphs Tab

Integrated a real-time TPS Graph Into Graphs Tab

wangharrod
Hi,

When I used grinder to do some long periods perfermance tests, I always wanted to get a real-time tps graph. I know that some utilities like Grinder To Graphite(g2g) or Grinder Analyzer can generate some useful graphs, but if I use them, I need do some extra work to run these tools and get results.

I hope there is a integrated graph in Grinder Graphs Tab, like Loadrunner or JMeter does, so I did it by referring to net.grinder.console.swingui.Graph without importing others third graph library.

Example:
https://sourceforge.net/p/mysharedir/blog/2013/12/integrated-a-real-time-tps-graph-into-graphs-tab/

The question is I don't know  whether others used grinder like I did and need a integrated graph in Grinder Graphs Tab. Could someone gives me some advice? If it is considered to be worth doing. I will prepare my codes according to Grinder's "How to give back's Coding Standards"(do more unit test and style checking) and request for merging.

PS: When I forked the latest codes of grinder 3.12 and builded it, I can not find net.grinder.translation.impl.TranslationsSource source code, Had it commit or I made some mistakes?

Best Regards,
Wang Hao
2013-12-16

Re: Integrated a real-time TPS Graph Into Graphs Tab

Philip Aston-2
Wang Hao,

It looks good to me, and I'd encourage you to continue. FWIW, I'm working (when real life allows) on a new HTML 5 web console. It might be better in the long run to extend that.

TranslationsSource is clojure - see grinder-translation/src/net/grinder/translation/impl/translations_source.clj.

- Phil