Quantcast

IPv6 Grinder support?

Ratnesh Joshi

Hello, I am running an IPv6 PoC as we are using the Grinder Load tool to throw load between a http client and a http webserver and Java app.

I was trying to establish if Grinder supports IPv6 addresses and if so how would you implement this type of addressing into the tool instead of the host name?

We are trying to test IPv6 translation and dual stack addressing of both IPv4 and IPv6 at the same time, but not sure if Grinder would be able to cope with this?

I Found this to specify in Java the interface

http://sourceforge.net/p/grinder/mailman/message/32369105/

starting java with -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true

I assume there is an equivalent to specify IPv6stack ?

We plan on using two dedicated instances of Grinder to carry out testing 1 for IPv4 the other for IPv6 , so any support/ answers would be appreciated.

Regards

Nash Joshi

This message is private and confidential and may also be legally privileged. If you have received this message in error, please email it back to the sender and immediately permanently delete it from your computer system. Please do not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on it or any attachments. British Airways may monitor email traffic data and also the content of emails, where permitted by law, for the purposes of security and staff training and in order to prevent or detect unauthorised use of the British Airways email system. Virus checking of emails (including attachments) is the responsibility of the recipient. British Airways Plc is a public limited company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 1777777. Registered office: Waterside, PO Box 365, Harmondsworth, West Drayton, Middlesex, England, UB7 0GB. Additional terms and conditions are available on our website: www.ba.com