Grinder feature request

Patrick Killelea
Hi,
I've started using The Grinder for load testing at Shutterfly.com. One thing we'd like to be able to do is take a .har file (HTTP archive file) as dumped from the Chrome Developer Tools or from Firebug+NetExport and feed that transcript of HTTP traffic into The Grinder to generate the basic skeleton of a load test.

.har files are JSON so they're easy to parse, and they contain all the info needed to replicate HTTP requests. Using them to get the ball rolling on a load test would save a lot of requirements-gathering and coding time. I could simply have an internal customer surf some pages that they want us to load test, capture that as a .har file, transform it to a basic Grinder test, parameterize that test manually, and then replay that traffic.

Shouldn't be too hard and it would greatly increase the value of The Grinder. I even have bits of python I could post here to explain what I mean.

Patrick

Re: Grinder feature request

Philip Aston-2
I think this is an excellent idea.

Please open a feature request.

No promises on timeline, but I'll certainly investigate it. If anyone else wants to look into this, please speak up. There are many ways it could be implemented, and it might make an interesting standalone project.

- Phil

On 05/02/13 11:14, Gary Mulder wrote:
On 5 February 2013 06:32, Philip Aston <[hidden email]> wrote:
I think this is an excellent idea.

Please open a feature request.

No promises on timeline, but I'll certainly investigate it. If anyone else wants to look into this, please speak up. There are many ways it could be implemented, and it might make an interesting standalone project.

How about JSON to XML and then XSLT?

Gary

Sure, if the models can be suitably aligned. Certainly worth doing as a first step.

- Phil

Re: Grinder feature request

Patrick Killelea
Thanks Phil,
I'd like to open a feature request, but I'm so new that I don't even see where to do it. Can you give me a URL for feature request submissions?

Patrick