Grinder Error

kumaram
Hi,

I'm new to grinder tool. I'm able to start console, agent and tcpproxy with following command

java net.grinder.TCPProxy -console -http > myscript.py

I configured firefox for proxy settings as well.

But whenever I opened any url in firefox, I'm getting following error on TCPProxy console.

Kindly suggest how I can resolve this error

19:51:47.699 [Filter thread for plus.google.com:443->127.0.0.1:51738] ERROR: jav

a.lang.IllegalStateException: Internal error

javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Internal error

        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Unknown Source) ~

[na:1.6]

        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.fatal(Unknown Source) ~[na

:1.6]

        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.fatal(Unknown Source) ~[na

:1.6]

        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.handleException(Unknown So

urce) ~[na:1.6]

        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.handleException(Unknown So

urce) ~[na:1.6]

        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.AppInputStream.read(Unknown Source) ~[na

:1.6]

        at net.grinder.tools.tcpproxy.AbstractTCPProxyEngine$FilteredStreamThrea

d.interruptibleRun(AbstractTCPProxyEngine.java:431) ~[grinder-http-3.10.jar:na]

        at net.grinder.util.thread.InterruptibleRunnableAdapter.run(Interruptibl

eRunnableAdapter.java:58) [grinder-core-3.10.jar:na]

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.6.0_24]

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Internal error

        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.initHandshaker(Unknown Sou

rce) ~[na:1.6]

        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(Unknown Source)

 ~[na:1.6]

        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(Un

known Source) ~[na:1.6]

        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readDataRecord(Unknown Sou

rce) ~[na:1.6]

        ... 4 common frames omitted

19:51:52.991 [main] ERROR: Failed to determine proxy destination.

Client opened connection but sent no bytes.

19:51:58.018 [main] ERROR: Failed to determine proxy destination.

Client opened connection but sent no bytes.

19:52:03.021 [main] ERROR: Failed to determine proxy destination.

Client opened connection but sent no bytes.

19:52:08.023 [main] ERROR: Failed to determine proxy destination.

Client opened connection but sent no bytes.

19:52:13.025 [main] ERROR: Failed to determine proxy destination.

Client opened connection but sent no bytes.

19:52:18.400 [main] ERROR: Failed to determine proxy destination.

Client opened connection but sent no bytes.

19:52:23.403 [main] ERROR: Failed to determine proxy destination.

Client opened connection but sent no bytes.

19:53:19.591 [main] ERROR: Failed to determine proxy destination.

Client opened connection but sent no bytes.

Amit Kumar

Re: Grinder Error

Philip Aston-2
Definitely unexpected - possibly a mismatch between the available protocols in Java and the server. What version of Java are you using (java -version)?

You might get hints if you enable Java's SSL debugging. You can do  this by starting the TCPProxy with java -Djavax.net.debug=ssl net.grinder.TCPProxy -console -http

FWIW, I found I couldn't convince FireFox 29 to allow me to add an exception for Google+. I guess defaults are being made harder to override - post-Heartbleed paranoia and all that. OTOH, other sites were fine.

- Phil

On 05/05/14 15:31, Amit Kumar wrote:
[...]

Thanks for prompt reply !!!

Following are the configuration that I'm using

OS-- Windows 7
Java version --- java version "1.6.0_16"
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 14.2-b01, mixed mode, sharing)

Firefox version ---- 26.0
Grinder version ----3.11

I simply go to google.com site to record test case but still getting ssl exception. I have started the tcpproxy with ssl debugging as suggested by you. I have attached output file.

Kindly suggest some solution to resolve this problem.

Regards,
Amit Kumar

On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 8:40 PM, Philip Aston <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

myscript.py (562K) Download Attachment

Re: Grinder Error

Philip Aston-2
Looks to me as though Firefox is dropping the connection immediately after the TCPProxy responds to its TLS ClientHello.

Check your browser isn't configured to do OCSP validation checks.

Can you try with a more up to date JDK? E.g. 1.7.0_51, or 1.8?

- Phil

On 06/05/14 08:08, Amit Kumar wrote:
[...]

http://p.sf.net/sfu/perforce

Re: Grinder Error

kumaram
Hi Phil,

Thanks for giving me your precious time !!

I have upgraded the java version to 1.7 and also uncheck all OCSP validation checks but still getting the below error message in TCPProxy console after hitting any url in Firefox. Also I'm facing problem in grinder logging.

1. Grinder do not create logs in directory which configure in grinder.properties file i.e logs are not present if I provide value as grinder.logDirectory = "C:\grinder-logs\log"
2. I'm using PyDev eclipse addon and added all grinder jars but info method is unavailable while typing the grinder.logger. eclipse does not give option after pressing the ctrl + shift. Same exist with below code

request1=HTTPRequest(url="https://someurl")

result=request1.get()
result. (eclipse does not give any option there after. result should of type HttpResponse and all options of this class are available but it is not.

Waiting of your response ....

23:51:58.091 [Filter thread for 127.0.0.1:49752->localhost:26143] ERROR: Receive
d fatal alert: bad_certificate
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Received fatal alert: bad_certificate
        at sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_51
]
        at sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_51
]
        at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.recvAlert(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_5
1]
        at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_
51]
        at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readDataRecord(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.
7.0_51]
        at sun.security.ssl.AppInputStream.read(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_51]
        at net.grinder.tools.tcpproxy.AbstractTCPProxyEngine$FilteredStreamThrea
d.interruptibleRun(AbstractTCPProxyEngine.java:431) ~[grinder-http-3.11.jar:na]
        at net.grinder.util.thread.InterruptibleRunnableAdapter.run(Interruptibl
eRunnableAdapter.java:58) [grinder-core-3.11.jar:na]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_51

23:53:02.556 [Filter thread for localhost:26143->127.0.0.1:49775] ERROR: illegal
 change cipher spec msg, state = 5
javax.net.ssl.SSLException: illegal change cipher spec msg, state = 5
        at sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_51
]
        at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.fatal(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_51]
        at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.fatal(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_51]
        at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_
51]
        at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(Unknown Source
) ~[na:1.7.0_51]
        at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readDataRecord(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.
7.0_51]
        at sun.security.ssl.AppInputStream.read(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.7.0_51]
        at net.grinder.tools.tcpproxy.AbstractTCPProxyEngine$FilteredStreamThrea
d.interruptibleRun(AbstractTCPProxyEngine.java:431) ~[grinder-http-3.11.jar:na]
        at net.grinder.util.thread.InterruptibleRunnableAdapter.run(Interruptibl
eRunnableAdapter.java:58) [grinder-core-3.11.jar:na]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_51]
23:53:46.348 [main] ERROR: Failed to determine proxy destination.

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 12:00 PM, Philip Aston <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Please help me to resolve these issues.

Regards,
Amit Kumar