Getting results from last run

Rob Marshall
Hi,

First let me preface this by saying that I know next to nothing about grinder...I was running a long test and for some reason my system rebooted...What's the best way to get a report on the results from the last sampling prior to the reboot? I assume that if I restart the console it won't look at the previous results, is that true? And I don't seem to be able to make heads or tails of the data.log.

Thanks,

Rob

Re: Getting results from last run

Gary Mulder-3
On 31 August 2014 16:13, Rob Marshall <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

First let me preface this by saying that I know next to nothing about grinder...I was running a long test and for some reason my system rebooted...What's the best way to get a report on the results from the last sampling prior to the reboot? I assume that if I restart the console it won't look at the previous results, is that true? And I don't seem to be able to make heads or tails of the data.log.

Hi Rob,

I suspect you're about to learn a lot more ;-)

There's no likely reason that Grinder would cause your system to reboot, which implies that it is likely a hardware issue. Random guesses at what it could be are either your CPU overheating due to the load Grinder is putting on it (unlikely), or memory (more likely), or a failing disk drive (most likely).

You didn't say what OS you are using. If it is Linux then in /var/log/syslog or similar you might see some error messages that might indicate the cause of the problem. In Windows you need to browse to Settings / Admin Tools / Event Manager (from memory) and look in the System events.

Its unlikely that the Grinder logs are going to tell you anything interesting, but there should be two logs in the Grinder log directory, of which the data log is the one you referred to above. The other log contains events that the Grinder has logged in the course of the test.

Hope that helps,
Gary