Quantcast

Binding console to IPV4 interface

Jeff-351
I've got an Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop system I'm running the Grinder console and want to enable the HTTP endpoint so I can run jobs from Jenkins.

I can see that it is listening on port 6373 for the localhost:IPV6 interface, but not any IPV4 interface.  Here is the output of 'netstat -a | grep 6373':

root@grinder-master-dev01:~# netstat -a | grep 6373
tcp6       0      0 localhost:6373          [::]:*                  LISTEN

Any pointers as to why IPv4 is getting missed?

--
Jeff Vincent
See my LinkedIn profile at:

Re: Binding console to IPV4 interface

Joan Picanyol i Puig
* Jeff <[hidden email]> [20140521 00:30]:

> I've got an Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop system I'm running the Grinder console and
> want to enable the HTTP endpoint so I can run jobs from Jenkins.
>
> I can see that it is listening on port 6373 for the localhost:IPV6
> interface, but not any IPV4 interface.  Here is the output of 'netstat -a |
> grep 6373':
>
> root@grinder-master-dev01:~# netstat -a | grep 6373
> tcp6       0      0 localhost:6373          [::]:*                  LISTEN
>
> Any pointers as to why IPv4 is getting missed?

Have you tried starting java with -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
option?

qvb
--
pica